New seasons of life can bring emotional stress and conflict. In addition to having years of experience in handling divorce cases and child custody agreements, the attorney team at De Ford Law Firm offers a range of other family law services. Whether you’re seeking adoption or needing help resolving conflict, our team is committed to providing the support you need.
Making the decision to adopt a child or put a child up for adoption is never easy. For families who are just starting the adoption journey, the questions and information can be overwhelming. Our family law team has helped families on both sides of the adoption process. By choosing De Ford Law Firm to help your family, you can trust that all of the legal adoption requirements are being handled properly to ensure a favorable outcome.
Some of the most common types of adoption include:
- Closed Adoption – An anonymous process where both the adoptive parents and biological parents have no contact with each other.
- Open Adoption – Both the adoptive parents and biological parents have ongoing contact throughout the child’s life.
- Semi-open Adoption – The adoptive parents know the identity of the biological parents, but both parents don’t have contact with each other.
- Domestic Adoption – Both the adoptive parents and the child are in the United States.
- Step-Parent Adoption – When the step-parent of the child adopts their spouse’s child.
- International Adoption – A child from a foreign country is considered an international adoption. After completing a foreign adoption, the adoptive parents must readopt the child in Texas.
Regardless of your particular situation, our team will do everything in our power to assist your family in the legal adoption process. Get in touch with us for a one-on-one consultation to discuss how we can help you.
Relationships can be difficult, especially when one or both parties can’t effectively communicate or come to an agreement involving a marriage, child custody, or other family law situations. When differences are causing conflict that could potentially lead to court intervention, hiring a mediator can be an integral way to find a peaceful resolution.
By having a mediator involved, you can get the best personalized outcome for your situation without the litigation of a court system. When our family law attorneys attend mediation with you, we don’t judge or make decisions for you; rather, we offer our professional recommendations to help you find a positive conflict resolution.
It’s our desire to help you avoid any type of legal process that will inevitably add more stress to your family.
Having a disagreement doesn’t have to involve costly court fees. Get in touch with our family law attorneys in the Houston area to help you navigate emotionally charged legal situations.